A blog by Mel Riser about LifeBoat Permaculture and Solar Villages

Friday, December 31, 2004

Preparedness, Earthquakes and Solar Energy

I am subscribed to the FREE USGS earthquake alert service. ANY earthquake of 5.0 on the Richter gets an auto email sent to subscribers.

I was sitting in front to the computer when the email came in about 10 till 9 that evening.

I thought hmm... 8.9 in the Ocean? that should make one BIG ASS wave.

I went upstairs and told Minna and my visiting parents that a large earthquake had hit in Indonesia and I thought it might cause a Tsunami.

Later that evening reports started coming in.

Amazing, really that no one was warned or that the Governments did NOT KNOW.

all over the world people monitor earthquakes and if they didn't see the potential of this then they are LYING.

So anyway, made me re-think about my preps and food production.

While I have the energy thing going, food will be the long term issue if there ever is a disaster here.

Any thoughts?

mel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home